Picks, packs, and ships supplies and materials to internal and external customers in an accurate and timely manner; efficiently and safely transports, sorts, and stocks materials.
Essential Job Duties
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Transports incoming and outgoing materials to designated areas utilizing appropriate tools/vehicles to accomplish task including but not limited to hand dolly, forklift, electric dolly, pallet jack, and/or elevator.
- Performs quality inspections on incoming and outgoing materials and products.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or bins according to predetermined inventory procedures.
- Picks, packs, and ships materials and products.
- Processes all packages for shipping; processes returned merchandise.
- Conducts physical inventory counts; replenishes stock from back-up locations as needed.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work well with others and with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity–Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability–Follows instructions responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
This job operates in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, digital cameras.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job). This is an active role; requiring prolonged periods of standing and walking on the production floor, the ability to frequently lift 10-20 pounds and up to 40+ pounds periodically.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of production work are Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 5:30 pm and you will be assigned to a specific shift within those hours. Occasional evening and weekend, and or over time work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.