Summary/Objective: QA Inspectors perform audits, handle documentation, input data, and perform organizational tasks to support the efficiency and effectiveness of our organization’s manufacturing processes that deliver high quality products on time to our customers.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs visual inspections of incoming materials.
- Participates in the rejecting and identifying unacceptable materials.
- Inspects in-process production by confirming process instructions are followed and communicates results to the Production Leads and Production Manager.
- Approves finished products by conducting visual audits prior to shipping.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs and, inputs data into quality database.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related tasks.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytic skills
- Documentation skills
- Hand/eye coordination
- Reporting skills
- Reliable attendance
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Experience with quality control techniques, such as Six Sigma or ISO 9001.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- One to two years’ quality inspector experience in a manufacturing or warehouse setting.
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no direct reports.
Work Environment: This job operates both in the warehouse and office setting to complete job duties.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job). Work requires sitting, standing, and/or walking for periods of five hours or more, lifting, moving and examining objects at high and low reach, and reading for periods of three hours or more.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.