Today’s point of sale systems do much more than take payments and make change. They can collect and track customer data, manage store inventory and employee schedules, facilitate digital and physical marketing efforts, and much more. If your retail store or restaurant is still using a cash register to take payment, here are 10 reasons why switching to a point of sale system could benefit your business.
10 Reasons to Switch to a Point of Sale System
- Faster Service: Every part of a transaction, from scanning items to running credit cards to printing receipts, is faster on a POS system.
- Accounting: POS systems collect data and have reports to automate and simplify the accounting process.
- Inventory: Managers can use POS systems to track big sellers and reorder stock.
- Monitoring: It’s easy to look up current or past sales numbers on a POS system.
- Ordering: POS systems can automatically create purchase orders, ensuring that a store never runs out of the most popular items.
- Ease of Use: Today’s retail and restaurant workers are comfortable with computerized technology. They may find it easier to use a POS device than a cash register.
- Itemized Receipts: POS systems can print out itemized receipts with more information for customers and employees. This is especially helpful when processing returns.
- Fewer Errors: Because POS systems automate processes and have built-in checks to ensure that information is entered correctly, there’s less of a chance of employee error.
- Real-Time Information: Managers can look up current inventory with a POS system. This allows for better customer service and easier inventory management.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: Today, cash registers are used less frequently. This makes it more difficult and expensive to find parts and make repairs.
At Retail Tech, we carry a wide variety of point of sale system hardware and software solutions for retail stores, restaurants, salons and other small businesses. Whatever your business’ unique needs, we can help you configure the right POS solution for you. Get in touch today to get started!
Retail Tech carries a wide variety of new and refurbished point of sale hardware and equipment. We offer installation and staging, retail POS system repairs, and more. If you need help choosing a hybrid POS solution, contact our POS systems specialists for help finding the perfect point of sale solution for your retail store, restaurant or other small business.
(This is an updated blog post that was originally published in 2016.)