Running a restaurant is difficult in the best of times. After the past couple of years, restaurant owners and managers are under more pressure than ever. But your point of sale system can make restaurant management easier, if you know which data to pull.
Here are a few of the point of sale reports that could help your restaurant run more efficiently – and profitably.
POS Reports for Easier Restaurant Management
- Sales: Depending on what your point of sale system provides, you may be able to track sales by day and time period, by server, by number of guests, by table turn time, or more. Analyze sales from different angles to obtain additional insight and identify trends.
- Inventory: You can’t sell food if you’re out of ingredients! Use your POS system to track sales of specific menu items, especially those that are popular or contain harder-to-find ingredients.
- Menu and Product Mix: This report shows which menu offerings are selling and which are not. This can help streamline the menu, and determine which items to promote or discount.
- Labor: Comparing labor and sales reports will help you find the right staffing levels, and identify high-performing staff members.
- Exceptions: Analyze the number of refunds, voids and discounts specific staff members are giving. This will help identify issues and provide additional training as needed.
- Discounts: This report will help determine whether coupons, gift cards and loyalty programs are positively or negatively affecting your bottom line, and whether there is untapped opportunity.
Does your point of sale system provide the data and analysis you need to streamline and optimize your restaurant? Could an upgraded POS system make running your business easier? Retail Tech can help! Contact us today to find the right point of sale solution for your restaurant or small business.
Retail Tech carries a wide variety of new and refurbished POS hardware and equipment. We offer installation and staging, retail point of sale system repairs, and more. If you need help choosing a hybrid POS solution, contact our POS systems specialists for help finding the perfect point of sale solution for your retail store, restaurant or other small business.
This is an updated blog post that was originally published in 2018.