From Black Friday through to Christmas and New Years, shopping hits all time highs over the holiday season for just about every business. In the midst of preparing for this holiday season, have you ensured your technology and POS system is ready for the rush? With the season rapidly approaching, now is the time to evaluate your existing systems and take advantage of the current capabilities of a modern POS, from inventory management to customer retention.
Signs You Are in Need of an Upgrade
Whether you already have a POS system in place that has been around for a while, or are still using things like pen and paper to take orders, you may be in need of an upgrade ahead of the holiday season. If you don’t currently have a POS system in place, there are a number of reasons to make the change, including simplifying your accounting process and improving service speed and accuracy.
Some problems to keep an eye out for:
- Inventory issues – mismanaged stock, inability to accurately order in time
- Slow service – delayed credit card authorizations or the slow printing of receipts
- High user errors – steps being skipped or orders placed incorrectly
- Data security concerns – records accessible to anyone who comes across them
- Complicated accounting paperwork – taking up valuable time at the end of every day
If any of these sound familiar, you may want to invest in upgrading or adding a POS system.
Your Secret Weapon During the Holidays
Using a POS system of course provides a wide range of benefits in the day to day operations of your business, which will have a bigger overall impact in those high peaks during the holidays. What you might not realize right away is the incredible impact it can have on your customer service as well. With a modern POS, you’ll have access to a whole suite of features designed around delighting your customers, from speedier service to personalized engagement.
In particular for the holidays, being able to deliver personalized marketing can be a huge driver of revenue for your business.
You can use the data in your POS system to:
- Share targeted promotions based on purchase history
- Provide personalized recommendations to enhance your customers’ experience
- Implement loyalty programs to encourage repeat customers
- Offer gift cards to provide a convenient gifting option, especially important around the holidays
Have you Checked Your Holiday List Twice? You Have with the Right POS!
Utilizing an updated POS system is more than a nice to have this holiday season, it’s a must to stand out in an increasingly crowded market and provide the customized service your customers are expecting.
For questions regarding POS systems, and to find the right POS system for you, visit our website at http://retailtechinc.com/ or call toll free at 1-877-580-9687.
Retail Tech carries a wide variety of new and refurbished POS equipment. We offer installation and staging, POS printer repairs, and more. If you need help choosing a POS system, contact our POS systems specialists for help finding the perfect point of sale solution for your small business.